Frequently Asked Questions: Online Sessions
2022 Online Tests Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
PLEASE NOTE: You can no longer buy ths year's online tests as the test window starts on 12th March.
These FAQs and related answers form part of our Terms and Conditions. By making a booking, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions and agreeing that we may store your personal details for the purpose of processing your application and delivering the products and services that you have booked with us.
1. My child is not in Year 5 - can they sit the tests in 2022? No. The tests are designed for children in Year 5 who will be sitting their entrance tests in autumn 2022.
2. What will my child need to be able to do the test? Your child will need a quiet space, a computer or tablet with reliable internet connection, a pencil and rough paper for working out answers. We do not recommend doing the tests on a smartphone. SGSPTA Ltd cannot be held responsible for any internet issues that affect your child's ability to sit the test.
3. Will my personal details be shared with other organisations? We will only use your personal details to administer your account and to provide the products and services that you have requested from us.
4. Can I book online test sessions for a friend’s child? No. The email address that you use to register and book will be the only email address that we can correspond with. This includes dealing with any queries that you have, confirmation of log in details, arrangements for the test session(s) booked and any other reminders that we send out.
5. What if my child has any medical conditions or educational needs? If you are only booking the online test session with us, as your child is sitting the online test at home, we do not need to know about any conditions or needs relating to your child. Please note, we do not offer any extra time or other adjustments for these test sessions. If booking hall-based tests, please refer to our hall-based FAQs.
6. How many online test sessions can I book? We are running one online test session called test T. You should only book this session once. As our hall-based tests contain different questions, you can also book these (See the hall-based faqs for details of what these tests involve).
7. What is included in Session T? Test Session T includes a multiple-choice English paper and a multiple choice maths paper, both approximately 45 minutes long. The tests will be based on Key Stage 2 material and test a broad range of topics in a variety of ways that may be tested in the real 11+ exams. The papers do not mimic the exact format of any particular school’s exams as all schools can change their format at any point in time. This session costs £40.00.
8. When can my child sit Session T? The online testing site will be open between Saturday 12th March to Sunday 27th March 2022 inclusive. You will be able to login at any time during this period to sit the test. Your child will be given one attempt only at the test. You do not need to tell us when your child will be sitting during this period.
9. What feedback will I receive? Feedback for the maths and English multiple-choice papers includes your child’s actual and standardised score as well as an indication of how your child has performed in key areas. You will be able to download an additional document that uses some questions from your child’s test paper to explain the question categories they were tested on. Further details will be provided in our detailed commentary, available once the results are published.
10.Having booked online, what happens? Once booked, we will send a booking confirmation almost immediately from Noemail@example.com explaining what happens next. Remember to check your inbox, spam, junk and trash folders. We suggest that you add this address to your contacts in an attempt to prevent it from going to your spam or junk folders. If you have not received this confirmation within 24 hours, you must contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep your booking confirmation email somewhere safe.
11.How long does the online session take? We recommend both papers are sat back-to-back in one sitting, allowing a 10-minute toilet break between papers as well as a few minutes at the start of each paper to read the test instructions. You should allow about two hours in total to sit both papers.
12.How do I access the online test? Details of how to access our online testing site will be included in your online booking confirmation, referred to above. You will receive an email from email@example.com in the week before the two week testing window opens, containing a website link, your username (including 4-digit ID number) and password as well as instructions as to how to proceed. Please keep this email somewhere safe, as without it, your child will not be able to access the testing website.
13.What if I do not receive the email from firstname.lastname@example.org? If you do not receive the email by the date stated in your online booking confirmation, it is your responsibility to contact us. If you contact us after the date specified, and miss some or all of the testing period, no refund will be given.
14.Can my child have more than one attempt at the papers? No. Once you click on the online test Start button, your child’s test will start and they must complete the test paper at that time. Once the allocated time for that test paper is up, no further access will be possible.
15.What if I lose my internet connection during the test? SGSPTA Ltd cannot be held responsible for any internet issues that affect your child's ability to sit the test. You can try logging back into the test site using your login details and use any unexpired time.
16.What happens at the end of each paper? Your child will be given instructions as to what to do next on the screen. They must follow these carefully.
17.When will the test results be available? The results will be available one week after the test window closes. Results will remain on SGS PTA mock test website until the end of October 2022 when they will no longer be available. We do not keep records past this date.
18.How will I access my child’s online test results? Login to our booking site at https://www.sgsptamocktests.com, using the email and password registered on this site. Go to the top of the screen and click on the ‘Results’ tab. We will publish all children’s results anonymously using the 4-digit ID number that will be sent from Classmarker as part of your login details referred to in question 12 above.
19.Can I see the question and answer papers? We do not give out either the multiple-choice test papers or the answers. These papers are the intellectual property of SG PTA Ltd and can only be used by your child when sitting the test.
20.Is my child eligible for a free mock test? If your child is entitled to free school meals, you may be able to apply for a credit to be used when booking your mock test. These credits are limited in number and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please email us as soon as possible before booking at email@example.com for further details.
21.Can I cancel and get a refund? Refunds are available for up to 14 days after your booking has been made, or if earlier, the date that the booking site closes for that session. Our booking site closes one week before the online test session starts. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to cancel a session. After this time, the fee is non-refundable and the space is non-transferable.
22.Can I transfer my booking? No. Once booked, the session is non-transferable. It cannot be transferred to any other test session or to another child?
23.What if my child misses the testing window? There is no refund available if your child misses the two-week testing window for any reason.
24.What is 'standardisation'? A standardised score is a recognised mathematical process that is used by setters of any large test to indicate the performance of any candidate against the others who took the test. It takes into account the difficulty of the test and the spread of scores so that the results on different tests are directly comparable. We do not age standardise our results.
25.Do my results reflect how my child will do in the real exams? Not necessarily. Results from the mock test must be considered in conjunction with other factors such as teachers' views, tutors' opinions, how well your child coped on the day and other relevant factors including how much progress was made in the time between the mocks and the real test date.
26.What happens if an exam session is cancelled? We reserve the right to cancel a session due to circumstances beyond our control or other reason. In this event, our liability will be limited to the amount that you have paid us for the cancelled session. We exclude liability for damages for any claims in law including contract, negligence, tort, statute or otherwise.